Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Editing, Crosses, and State College!


I have just finished the first round of edits for Kate Kennedy at Random House, and boy am I glad to have that out of the way. They weren't nearly as painful as I thought they'd be, but still. I am always in a great hurry to make my novel better. I finished the edits in four days (and nights) and now I will be waiting for the line-edit round, which my editor assures me will be pretty painless. It's getting exciting, though, because we're beginning to talk about the design of the book, which makes the whole process feel more real to me.

Also, I will definitely be doing a reading for Penn State next, next spring! I got my offer from them yesterday and it was very generous. I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to go back to State College and stomp around a bit. I miss those hills! Below is what it looks like approaching St. Louis, where I live now...(yes, that's a cross!)

No comments:

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."