Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Marvels of Wonder...

From the book Mr. Wilson's Cabinet of Wonder:

“Two years ago my then five-year old daughter Sara believed fervently in Santa Claus. Last year she knew he was make-believe. But this year her belief in him was more passionate, and more ornately buttressed, than ever before.”

Explain this.

************************************

Or at least that's what I asked my literature class to do. We're talking about the phenomenon of wonder and why it's so hard to remember the last time we felt the sheer pleasure of it: wonder.

Now you: explain (why) this (is).

xox Rebecca

p.s. Seriously.

1 comment:

Rebecca Rasmussen said...

Addendum: my daughter believes the act of putting a paper crown on my head makes me a mermaid. I'd like to see you try to prove it doesn't. :)

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."