Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jade Plant, Tea Candle, Coffee, Wine

Is it too early to be working on my second novel? Sometimes, I think "yes." Tonight, I think "no." In spirit tonight, I am in a bog landscape in northern Minnesota with leatherleaf and root hummocks, decidedly not sweating in a little sunroom in St. Louis. I am enjoying myself so much that I forgot about the teaching I have to do tomorrow and I'm reading sentences out loud, listening for their art. I wish I could be more masculine and intriguing about my adventures, but the truth is I put my toddler to bed, and put her to bed again and again and again, and in between all of this, I have been writing. Sometimes, it is the only way I can get anything done. Not that I think my male writer friends have it easy (okay, I think it just a little), but I know their wives (yay wives!), and I know they are the ones putting the children to bed. This is not to say my husband is a schlub; he has the flu, if you must know, and I have been playing soup kitchen because I love him -- most likely, he will be doing the same thing for me shortly. So, there is that elusive balance to try and achieve. And, and...

I love writing a new book! I really do!

xoxo,

Rebecca

No comments:

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."