Thursday, March 19, 2009

When you don't have a job, learn how to trade...

A lot of my friends have been asking me how I have been making ends meet these days. The answer is not what they expect. No teaching, tutoring, or general help giving. No indeed. I am trading financials on the NYSE (well, on my computer). My father traded for a very long time until the crash in 1987, so this is one more way I am like him, which is wonderful!

Do I like trading? Yes and no. I know things I feel are unnatural for a writer to know. For instance, I know the intraday highs and lows for FAZ (Direxion 3x Financial Bear ETF) for the past two weeks in a row. It's my thing, I tell my husband, who cheers me on when I am able to buy him a new Mac, which I did last week. But my brain kind of hurts from all of these numbers and I really just want to write, so...

That's where I am right now -- playing the stock market in after hours and doing just fine.

No comments:

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."

"These are the days when Birds come back/a very few/a Bird or two/to take a backward look."